In accordance with §602.23 of US Federal Regulations for accrediting agencies, a recognized accrediting agency must provide public notice that an institution or program is being considered for accreditation and must provide an opportunity for third-party comment. Comments are taken into consideration by the Commission in making an accreditation decision. More information about making comments is available at the bottom of this page.
Programs and language institutions to be reviewed at the December 2017 meeting of the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation will be posted no later than October 6, 2017. Comments must be made to CEA in writing prior to November 17, 2017.
4-year continued initial accreditation
- Bahçeşehir University English Preparatory Program- Istanbul, Turkey (general)
- The English Island- Atlanta, GA (institutional)
- Institute for Academic and Career English- Palm Beach Gardens, FL (institutional)
- Main Street Schoolhouse Language Institute- Hamilton, OH (institutional)
- Ohio University Intensive English Program Ohio Program of Intensive English - Athens, OH (programmatic)
- New York English Center - New York, NY (institutional)
- University of Montana English Language Institute- Missoula, MT (programmatic)
- West Virginia University Intensive English Program- Morgantown, WV (programmatic)
9-year continued reaccreditation
- A F International College Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA (institutional)
- A F International College Westlake Village- Westlake Village, CA (institutional)
- Academia Language School- Honolulu, HI (institutional)
- Arkansas State University English Learning Academy- Jonesboro, AR (programmatic)
- Duquesne University English as a Second Language Program- Pittsburgh, PA (programmatic)
- English Language and Culture Institute (ELCI) Monmouth- Monmouth, OR (institutional)
- Indiana University Bloomington Intensive English Program- Bloomington, IN (programmatic)
- INTERLINK Language Center at Valparaiso University- Valparaiso, IN (institutional)
- LCI (Language Consultants International) Houston- Houston, TX (institutional)
- Portland English Language Academy- Portland, OR (institutional)
- RIA (Roosevelt International Academy) English Language Institute- Providence, RI (institutional)
- Spanish-American Institute ESL-Plus Course of Study- Manhattan, NY (institutional)
- Taylor University Institute for English Language Study- Upland, IN (programmatic)
- University of Connecticut American English Language Institute Intensive English Program- Storrs, CT (programmatic)
- University of Idaho American Language and Culture Program- Moscow, ID (programmatic)
- University of Kansas Applied English Center- Lawrence, KS (programmatic)
- University of South Florida English Language Program- Tampa, FL (programmatic)
- Weber State University Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) Department- Ogden, UT (programmatic)
- St. Giles International New York City- New York, NY (institutional)
What kind of comments may I make?
Comments are voluntary. They may support the candidate’s application or question its compliance with the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions, which can be found on the website. In all cases, comments should relate to the program or institution’s compliance with the CEA Standards and should be based on your understanding of the program or institution’s ability to meet its mission.
What happens to comments?
The Commission will review your comments as part of its evaluation of a program or institution’s compliance with the CEA Standards. Comments must be received prior to the meeting, by the date listed above, in order for full consideration by the Commission.
Where should I submit my written comments?
By postal mail:
Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
1001 N. Fairfax St., Suite 630
Alexandria, VA 22314