In accordance with 602.23 of US Federal Regulations for accrediting agencies, a recognized accrediting agency must provide public notice that an institution or program is being considered for accreditation and must provide an opportunity for third-party comment. Comments are taken into consideration by the Commission in making an accreditation decision. More information about making comments is available at the bottom of this page.
The Commission will review the following programs and language institutions at its April 2017 meeting. Comments must be submitted to CEA in writing prior to March 10, 2017.
4-year continued initial accreditation
- Atlantis University Atlantis Language Institute- Miami, FL (Programmatic)
- Creighton University Intensive English Language Institute- Omaha, NE (Programmatic)
- Excel English Institute- Dallas, TX (institutional)
- Santis Educational Services Intensive English Program- Ulannnbaatar, Mongolia (General)
- Western Washington University Intensive English Program- Bellingham, WA (Programmatic)
Continued initial accreditation of an additional branch location through August 2020
- American One English Schools- West Valley City, UT (Institutional)
- DePaul University English Language Academy- Chicago, IL (Programmatic)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI)- Daytona Beach, FL (Programmatic)
- Miami International Language Academy (MILA)- North Miami Beach, FL (Institutional)
- Shabaka Training Preparatory Year Deanship English Program at King Faisal University- Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia (General)
- Southeast Missouri State University, Intensive English Programs- Cape Girardeau, MO (Programmatic)
- University of San Diego English Language Academy, intensive English Program- San Diego, CA (Programmatic)
- The ESL School at NYFA (ESN), Los Angeles- Burbank, CA (Institutional)
- The ESL School at NYFA (ESN), New York- New York, NY (Institutional)
9-year continued reaccreditation
- Istanbul Technical University School of Foreign Languages English Preparatory Programs- Istanbul, Turkey (General)
- University of Illinois at Chicago Tutorium in Intensive English- Chicago, IL (Programmatic)
- University of Miami Intensive English Program- Coral Gables, FL (Programmatic)
- University of Pittsburgh English Language Institute- Pittsburgh, PA (Programmatic)
- Utah State University Intensive English Language Institute- Logan, UT (Programmatic)
- Utah Valley University Intensive English Program- Orem, UT (Programmatic)
- Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute Intensive English Program- Blacksburg, VA (Programmatic)
- Bluedata International Institute- New York, NY (Institutional)
- University of Central Florida English Language Institute- Orlando, FL (Programmatic)
What kind of comments may I make?
Comments are voluntary. They may support the candidate’s application or question its compliance with the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions, which can be found on the web site. In all cases, comments should relate to the program or institution’s compliance with the CEA Standards and should be based on your understanding of the program or institution’s ability to meet its mission.
What happens to comments?
The Commission will review your comments as part of its evaluation of a program or institution’s compliance with the CEA Standards. In order for the Commission to give full consideration to your comments, we must receive them at least one week prior to the meeting.
Where should I submit my written comments?
By postal mail:
Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
1001 N. Fairfax St., Suite 630
Alexandria, VA 22314